Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mamas done gone and got lazy

So big events: Mino's first hair cut and Mino is walking!!   Benjamin has been having lots of fun in this last month but he has been exhausting!  Well, I retract that, he is tiring, I rode solo with 7 week old twins, that is exhausting, but still, 13 month fatigue is setting in.  Any down time is spent trying to manage the chaos that is our house or sleeping.  Anyway, I will be back in action on this blog now.

 Thanks for the robe Astrid!!
 I keep my cupboards meticulously organized and all of my linens and laundry are always folded. 
 Suck on this Martin - my child eats vegetables!!  Willingly!!!!

We had his one year check up and found that he is falling off the high percentages on weight.  At one year Mr. Mino is 2' 7.5 "  or .8m tall (91%) and weighs 22 lbs 8 oz or 10.2 kg (63%).  His noggin continues to expand and is a whopping 19 inches around (93%).  Doc says he is proportionate, so all is well.  He has had various illness in the last month, a huge lymph node in his groin, pink eye, a double ear infection and one of his usual URI.

We went to WI for Thanksgiving.  It was a quiet Thanksgiving with Saaron chilling in the Bean rather than spending time with their families (yes that is mean and meant as a guilt trip to never abandon us on Thanksgiving again guys!)  Our clown car of pets and people made it to WI and hung out for four or five days overeating.    

 The dudes napping off and on.

As I look at these pictures I have no idea how we waited so long for that haircut.  Anyway, we then came home and I really don't remember what we did.  Oh yeah, Mino got his haircut and began full on independent non-coaxed walking on the same day - December 2.  We went to a kiddie cut place to chop those glorious locks, and he did surprisingly well.  He didn't lose an ear and didn't shed a tear.


 We tested the waters of Judaism with the side curls above the ears.  Decided against it.
 I admit it, I cried.  He looked sooooo much older after losing his little mane.  Then I really lost it when I realized I didn't really have a good video of him toddling with his baby hair.   Crazy man.

Anyway, that evening he showed what all that hair was stopping him from doing . . . walking!!  Actually I can't say that I came up with that bit of knowledge a brilliant daycare teacher deduced that his hair was holding him back.

 
 Martin went to Hotlanta for a conference and we got our first real winter storm.  And we don't have a snowblower.  Yess!  Actually, it is fine, the first snow I am so pumped that it doesn't matter.  In March it is a different story unless there are 10+ inches.  Then I am still OK. 




Then I realized that I hadn't done an ugly face series in quite a while.  So here it is!!









No comments:

Post a Comment