Monday, March 28, 2016

The Winter that Wasn't

There really wasn't a lot of snow this winter, and the ice on the lake didn't really freeze right so there really wasn't a ton of winter activities that took place in our little hood.   We ventured out a few times but have been working on using "imagination" aka "go in your room for a bit, I need some space" play.  And we bounced.  Saaron planted a dirty dirty seed about indoor inflatables that the kids can play on when cabin fever reaches a new level.  After one particularly wild day, we went on Amazon and that dirty seed became a reality.


We had a great time when we went to the sculpture garden in Franconia last Easter, so decided to go back, we had illness raging though so that trip was short and sweet. 

I attempted for the third time to see the Hudson Hot Air Affair Mass Ascent, but due to windy conditions it again didn't happen.  The one year that we didn't go it happened, so sorry Hudson, I think I am personally a bad luck charm to your hot air balloon festival. 
We did see more of them inflated than ever before so that was quite cool. 
We brush our teeth and promote good oral hygeine to others.  Not really, I bribed them for this.  I am usually holding Jimmy between my thighs and holding his arms down to get him to brush. 

 My friend Shannon introduced us to the Roller Girls, the twin cities Roller Derby league so we went as a family to check it out.  Ben LOVED it.  Even though it was girls.  He got a black eye painted on.
 We pretended we were way cooler than we actually are, and have better legs. 
 Ben got to meet the robot mascots for the Rockits.  He liked their mascots but ejnoyed the bout between the Pink and Green teams.

 It is flat track roller derby, it makes me wish I discovered it sooner in life as it looks really fun and surprisingly hard. 
 We watched the ice slowly melt for the March 13 ice out date, earliest so long as we have lived here. 
 Here it is a little earlier, but alas, not so nice.
 The lack of snow and non frigid temps meant Portos got to go to the dog park a couple times.
 I attempted a selfie.  I love it. Ben did not want to be part of it.  Jimmy is just a happy little clam. 





No comments:

Post a Comment