Monday, December 16, 2013

Back to life, back to reality

After the festivities of Thanksgiving and family fun and visitors we have been here alone with our two offspring. 
And even out - we attempted to visit Santa, but apparantly he is kind of popular on Sunday afternoons.
Why I had it built up as a momentous thing to be able to do this is beyond me, isn't the average 2.1 children?  I feel like a champion being able to manage the two of them though.  Jimmy isn't so sure from the looks on his face.
Mino has actively been pushing his limits.  He now has an "evil grin" which I refuse to photograph because then he will get even more attention for it and use it more often. Basically he knows he is doing something he shouldn't (taking a red Christmas ornament off the tree which he has gently named 'Fire' and stabbing the chair) and looks at you, waiting for you to say no, and flashes it as he repeatedly does naughty action as often as he can before I manage to find a place to set little Jimmy down and go grab Ben to put him in timeout.  And that being said he also has a fake cry which starts with him placing both hands up on his eyes to wipe away the tears before he starts the loud "cry."
Maybe it is the age, maybe he was always pulling these antics and running on a full night of sleep I thought it was really cute, or maybe it his way to deal with sharing the limelight with Jimmy.  Who knows but he is going through a really trying stage right now.
 He also has been super cute and really likes to help.  When I am in the kitchen he runs over asking for his ladder (a step stool) so he can help cook.  When I am in changing diapers for Jimmy, Ben sits next to me and hands me the open diaper and opens the diaper cream.  When I am doing laundry he helps load and unload.  When I am folding he turns into godzilla and smashes all the piles.  He is starting to help pick out his clothes in the morning, only wants to put his coat on himself and lets me know when his diaper is dirty but is refusing to sit on the toilet.
Jimmy is a chill little dude.
 He is eating, sleeping, not really pooping that often but farting very regularly.  He is alert and smiley - although I am not convinced it is a proper smile, I think it is still just him figuring out his different facial muscles or gas.   (The picture below is not a smile - I just thought it was funny and once he is smiling he probably won't be making these faces quite as often)
He does have a distinct temper though, he is calm and nice 99% of the time, but if something is not to his satisfaction he lets you know.  I took him out of the tub last night and he didn't like that much - to the point that Martin thought that I broke him or dumped ice water on him.  He turns purple and screams so much he has to pant to recover his breath afterward. 
 
Don't worry, we still bathe Ben, he just enjoys rubbing his head on the couch and getting mega static hair.

I am trying very hard to not second child him in that I want to take tons of pictures and not miss those little moments that I documented up the wazoo for Mino, but I can see how easy it is for that to happen. 




 I attempted a newborn photoshoot but need to learn how to white balance my camera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment